October 30, 2010

Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes and Applesauce

Yum! Yum! Yum!  I'm surely going to make this dish again and again.  I see it making an appearance at Thanksgiving.

I've been trying to make more family dinners that all three of us can eat together.  Liam loves his sweet potato baby food, so I thought a sweet potato dish with dinner may be the ticket.  I searched Rachael Ray's sight, but didn't find much with sweet potatoes.  After scrolling through many dishes on Betty Crocker's website I found what looked like the perfect dish.  Simple ingredients and simple to cook... slow cooker sweet potatoes with applesauce.  Liam also loves applesauce, so how could I go wrong?

In the afternoon I started the slow cooker going with the sweet potatoes, applesauce, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon.  Come dinner time, I reheated some green bean casserole from the night before, and fried up some cuts of ham.  I also toasted a few chopped pecans on the skillet.  Just enough for myself, because Brent isn't a particular fan of nuts in foods, and Liam isn't old enough to eat them yet.


Brent and I really enjoyed the sweet potatoes.  The only problem was the cinnamon.  I mistakenly put more then a teaspoon in when a large clump came out of the shaker.  Also, the cinnamon was a big turn off to Liam.  I think the flavor was too strong for him.  Next time I'll make sure to put only a teaspoon in. 

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.