October 27, 2010

Where are my Bon-Bons?

Anyone who thinks the stay-at-home mom's have it easy are sorely mistaken.  I only have one child, but already find myself overwhelmed at times.  Not only am I a childcare provider, but I'm also a cook and a maid.  My typical week is full of vacuuming, laundry, cooking, cleaning, dishes, shopping, and some blogging.  On top of all that, I have a 9 month old to feed, bathe, change, tote around on all my errands, and entertain.

I find myself multi tasking... A LOT.  Liam doesn't like me out of the room, so I bring a lot of chores into the living room.  I fold laundry, cut coupons, write up grocery lists, make phone calls, exercise, and manage the bill calendar with him in the room.  When he's napping it's time to clean the kitchen, make lunch, clean the bathrooms, and take a shower.  I wish I could vacuum during his naps, but fear making too much noise.

In the evening Dad comes home and I finally get a break.  Not a break to nap, but a chance to make dinner, vacuum, and do other tasks while Brent distracts Liam.

I knew being a homemaker would keep me busy, but I had thought there would be more time to visit friends and family during the day.  I do have about 3 hours during the afternoon when I can visit, but then I have to put off the shopping and cleaning I need to do.  There are only 3 hours, because that is between Liam's nap times.  He's still taking 2 naps a day, and sleeps a total of 3-4 hours during the day.

Despite all the work, I LOVE being a stay-at-home mom.  It's very rewarding, and Brent and I are the best care givers for our son.

I point out how busy my days are not to complain, but to illustrate my new found appreciation for homemakers.  We are intelligent, patient, loving, and diligent workers, who sacrifice much to take care of our home and family.

I'm not saying working mom's don't have a challenge.  They do.  I've been a working mom too, but there is just something wearing about being super mom all day and trying to keep your kid(s) happy and occupied.

Mom's are amazing, whether they're single, working, or at home.

-Anna

1 comment:

  1. You are already one of the most on-top-of-it moms I've been around, Anna. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.