I've continued to keep up with to keep up with the my challenge from Brent, and have made a new recipe every week. This past week I made baked apples as a late afternoon snack.
I made some changes to the recipe that I found on Rachael Ray's website. I only used two apples, and so cut the recipe down to 1/3. Instead of using McIntosh apples, I used Honey Crisp. I used a tasty granola cereal I had found that includes raspberries and blue berries.Also, my nutmeg had gone bad (we've had some problems with moths), so I used allspice.
The apples were amazing, and still had a lot of crispness to them. They were a great warm treat, that took very little time and effort to make.
-Anna
I'm going to try to make baked apples tonight! I've never heard of this before, and it sounds t-a-s-t-y. Tasty.
ReplyDelete