Liam is currently in a joyous period where he sleeps nearly 12 hours straight each night. In the last week I've only had to get up once in the night to give him his binki. However, with sleeping all night comes a new problem... leakage.
Initially we tried moving up a size, but that didn't seem to help either. Our next step was, and has been, Pampers Extra Protection diapers.
They're specifically made for long car rides and overnight. Unfortunately, the diapers aren't always reliable. A couple times now they have split at the top, and the gelatin beads have come spilling out.
I'll pick Liam up, he'll be soaking wet, and covered in those little beads. They'll be all over him, his bed, his clothes, and everything else. It's a hassle to wipe them off, and once, I even had to put Liam in the tub and dump cup fulls of water on him to get them off. It's quite a rude awakening to get up, be striped down, and splashed with water. The poor guy shouldn't be punished for sleeping well, and neither should I.
Today I called Pampers and complained. Graciously they listened to my complaints, and are sending me pre-paid packaging to send a couple of the diapers back to them. This way they can investigate the problem. Also, they're sending me two $10.00 off coupons for diapers. Hopefully, the new boxes will work better.
Oh the joys of parenthood.
-Anna


Anna. I too have had issues with leakage... which is pretty much par for the course for our well-hydrated little sleepers.
ReplyDeleteOn the other hand, I have not found any significant different between Pampers different styles. To me they all perform nearly the same (that being said, they're way better at holding all that tinkle than the generic brands).
So, bummer deal. On the exploding diaper. I'm eager to hear about your customer service with Pampers. Thanks for posting... I think all us moms can relate to diaper fiascos.
Love you.
We've only had a few leaks with these, but I've NEVER had a diaper split like that! Maybe you got a bad box? Or you just have a heavy wetter!
ReplyDelete