Originally, we were supposed to have some friends over yesterday to play games and visit. Unfortunately, we had to cancel because Liam and I were still showing cold symptoms. I caught my cold by attending a party at a friend's house, and didn't want to share the same plight with my friends.
Liam and I had been stuck in the house most of the week, and were feeling well enough to go out, so we headed to my cousins football game, then on to Ikea. The three of us were on our way home, when one of my worst fears happened, we hit another car. It's bound to happen to someone when it's raining buckets and many people are trying to merge into one backed up lane, but I had hoped it wouldn't be us. Thankfully, no one was hurt. We were going very slow because of the traffic, but I'm surprised at the amount of damage.
Because of my previous work as an insurance adjuster, I knew exactly what information I needed to gather, and Brent busily shared information with the other driver and took pictures. The woman we struck wasn't sure what to do, so I explained how the claim process works and told her she can call me at any point with questions. I even gave her a hug because I could tell she was very shaken. Not injured, just shock from being hit.
Although our vehicle is drivable, it obviously needs repair. That's the most frustrating part. The time and hassle of waiting for repair, and the money for the deductible. We're going to have to cancel some things we had planned in order to pay for our car, and still have money for Christmas and in the bank for future expenses.
The day wasn't all a wash. We enjoyed spending time with family at the football game, and hanging out with just the three of us. Liam's cutting a couple new teeth, but for the most part he was very happy today, and fun to play with. He didn't even cry when the accident happened.
We broke out the laser pointer today, and had fun watching Liam and both cats chase it around. All three of them got plenty of exercise.
Life always has ups and down. You just have to roll with the punches.
-Anna
.jpg)
.jpg)
Eek! I'm glad you're all okay, and I'm POSITIVE you've got all of your insurance stuff figured out and ready to go. There's a benefit of your last job, eh? :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. - who's the new kitty? And is it incredibly well-behaved, or just de-clawed? :)
The kitty is Juno. We got her about a month ago. She isn't de-clawed. We're trying to teach her to play nice with Liam. But neither of them seem to mind the rough play :)
ReplyDelete