Liam said "Ma-ma-ma" for the first time today! Ok, so really it sounded more like "Ba-ba-ba," but I knew what he meant ;)
This morning I awoke to Liam's call for "Ba-ba." I was so excited because he usually calls for "Da-da," and I knew he was trying out the "Ma-ma-ma" skills I've been working on with him. He's finally figured out how to put his lips together in an attempt to make the "mmmm" sound. Which reminds me of my own 'M' problem that my dad and siblings love to remind me of. *eye roll* Basically, when I was young, I said "nilk" instead of "milk," and therefore family hilarity ensues. (Notice I didn't use past tense. This story still comes up quite often, along with a few other favorites, at family get togethers.)
I love watching Liam learn new things, and they happen almost constantly. One day he can’t put his Gerber puffs in his mouth without my help, and the next he can shovel them into his mouth all on his own. I wish I had his capacity to learn information and skills so quickly. If that was the case I’d learn new languages and maybe pick up a few instruments.
I have to admit, the first couple months of being a mom were tough. I felt like I’d always be feeding, changing, holding, or burping Liam. However, as Liam becomes more and more independent. I fall more and more in love with him. I have no regrets becoming a mom. Having a child was the most important decision Brent and I ever made, and it has become one of my best. Liam’s in my top three: First, accepting Christ as my Lord and Savior. Second, marrying Brent. And third, having Liam. I can’t imagine life without any one of these three things.
I'm really excited to see Liam in a couple weeks! Also to see you and Brent, of course, but I just know that Liam is going to be so much more grown up since I last saw him!
ReplyDeleteHooray for words! My heart just melts knowing your little guy is learning to communicate with you. You're a great mom, Anna. Keep up the hard work!
ReplyDeleteaw, "baba" is so cute. I love the talking stage where you have to interpret it for everyone else. Such a fun bond.
ReplyDelete