September 24, 2010

Big Trucks

Growing up, I loved visiting my dad at the airport fire station.  To me everything was his.  It was his crash trucks,  his airport, and his airplanes.  Of course he doesn't own any of these, but the concept of a job didn't quite make sense to me.  As far as I knew, Dad wasn't working, he was playing.  How cool to put out fires, save people, drive the fire boat, wash huge trucks, and hang out in the TV room.

Whenever my siblings and I visited we'd climb in the trucks, check out the work out equipment, put on Dad's gear, and sit on the recliners in the TV room.  Sometimes we'd even get to spray the water gun mounted on the truck, and then watch Dad fill the truck up with water again. To us, Dad had the coolest job in the world.

I may be grown up now, but I still enjoy visiting my daddy at the fire station.  I've even had the opportunity to bring Liam by a couple times.  The most recent visit being a couple days ago.

Before we arrived, I promised Liam that Grandpa would show him the 'big trucks.'  So after eating lunch, Grandpa took Liam out to the crash trucks.  He sat on Grandpa's lap, "steered" the truck, and watched the F15s take off on the runway.




Next Liam and Grandpa headed to the work out room.  Liam lifted weights...


...and bounced on the yoga ball.


Liam bounced so hard, he kept causing the yoga ball to move forward.  Grandpa held on to it with his knees, but the ball kept pulling his pant legs up :)  Liam LOVES to jump.  One of his favorite activities is jumping on Grandpa's lap.  He's Liam's human jumperoo.

I look forward to many more visits to the fire station.  We'll keep going until Grandpa retires.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.