December 13, 2011

Crew Cut

Cutting Liam's hair is always an adventure.  We've never taken him to get it cut professionally because I don't want to pay for it, and I'm afraid he would scream and cry the whole time.  This summer I managed to buzz his hair with the clippers once, but he won't let me get near him with those again.  I think he's afraid of the noise.

Since I'm stuck with only using scissors now, I've been doing very careful trims, and removing only small amounts of hair.  This means I have to cut his hair often because it takes no time to grow long and shaggy again.

A couple weeks ago I ran across a link on Pinterest with a 'how to' post on giving little boys a crew cut with scissors.  It seemed simple enough, so I gave it a try yesterday.  Here's how it turned out:


I had to use cartoons to keep him still enough for the cut, then still enough for pictures :)


It's not perfect by any means.  There are a couple spots I cut too short, and others where you can see the lines from the scissors.  I'll keep trying though, and maybe Brent will even let me give it a shot on his head ;)

-Anna

2 comments:

  1. Oh man... haircuts are stressful for me. The pics look great! Nice work, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is NOT EASY to cut hair on a baby!!! I've had to do it many times when I worked in a salon and it was always nerve wracking and stressful. But it looks like you did a good job! :) Keep at it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.