Other then coupons I receive in ads, I save money on restaurants two other ways. The first is by signing up for their email clubs. Places like Sweet Tomatoes and Ruby Tuesday will then occasionally send me coupons. Even better is the birthday deals. Because I'm part of the email club at Ruby Tuesday, I got a free burger during my birthday month. However, my favorite birthday deal is Benihana. When a part of their email club (The Chef's Table), participants get a $30 off coupon for a meal during their birthday month. It's a screaming deal that Brent, my parents, and I will be taking advantage of tonight. One last celebration of Brent's birthday.
The second way we save is Restaurant.com. I gave a brief description of this in a past post, "A Rare Date."
Restaurant.com provides gift certificates to many local restaurants at 1/2 price. It's a fair deal, but the best is when they have their 80% discount days. A $25 gift certificate for $2 is quite the deal. Sure, many certificates require you spend a minimum in order to use them, but usually it's a reasonable request. There are many restaurants where we could easily spend $50 on the two of us. We then get $25 off, and we've now spent $27 (before tip) on a $50 meal.
$25 gift certificates are not the only option. Many places also have $10, $50, $75, and $100 certificates. It all depends on how much you think you'll spend.
Currently, Restaurant.com has an 80% discount on all certificates as long as you apply the code "SUMMER" when checking out. This discount deal is through June 30th, but it won't be long until they have fantastic discounts again. The easiest way to receive notifications about discounts is by signing up with Restaurant.com. They send current deals via email.
Check out Restaurant.com, and use this opportunity to try a new restaurant.
-Anna

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.