June 16, 2011

Montana

It took awhile, but below are our pics and videos from our 10 day Montana adventure.  And boy was it an adventure!  First off, we drove all night (14 hours) to Billings, MT.  Liam slept most of the way, and did pretty well in the car.  However, he did get car sick 2 minutes away from my mom in-law's house.  We rushed him in the house, and cleaned him and the car seat up.  Greeting Grandma with puke all over yourself isn't pleasant, but I'm so glad it happened close to the end.  I don't think I had enough wipes to clean up that mess.  Yuck!

The following day was full of activities.  First my sister in-law's baby shower, and my dad in-law's 60th birthday.
Liam, Aunt Jessica, and a new boy cousin on the way :)
Checking out the trampoline with uncle Jeff.

Hanging out on the trampoline while cousin Aiden runs up Grandpa Mark.
Aiden and Liam had a blast jumping/bouncing on the trampoline with Brent.


Brent's mom, Diane, and all her family.  (Top row, left to right) Me, Brent & Liam, Jeff, Jessica & coming baby boy, Kyle, Whitney, and Aiden.  (Bottom row, left to right) Diane, and Mark.
This is as good as it got :D  Brent's dad, Dick, and all his family.   (Top, left to right) Me, angry Liam, Casey, ZJ, Kyle, and  Whitney.  (Bottom, left to right) Dick, Patty, and Aiden.
The next day was Diane and Brent's shared birthday.  Brent wasn't excited about the big 30, but happy to celebrate with family.

We started the day by going to church, checking out the new house Diane is buying, and washing cars.
We learned Liam loves the hose :)

Playing in the sprinkler.

Aiden gave me a silly face for his pic :p

The boys taking a quick rest before more fun in the water.
Liam did his best to help Daddy wash the car.
Later we headed out to celebrate.
Brent and I waiting for our meals for his birthday dinner.
While we waited, the boys played with the balloons :)
4 days into our trip, and we lived through a very scary event.  A tornado!  Thankfully it stayed 11 miles out from where we were, but the whole experience was still overwhelming.  The city's warning sirens were going, and the news reported on many cells in the area.
Brent took this picture from his mom's back deck.  After catching this site, we quickly headed to the basement.  Thankfully Liam slept through the whole event.
Brent took this picture from his mom's back deck.  After catching this site, we quickly headed to the basement.  Thankfully Liam slept through the whole event.
It's hard to believe earlier that day was beautiful and warm.  We spent the day at the park with Kyle, Whitney, and Aiden.


This ends the picture and video segment.  The rest of the weak brought dreary weather, and lots of time indoors.  One day I was too sick to do anything.  I ended up going to the ER with intense abdominal pains.  The pain was worse then the labor pains I experienced with Liam.  An ultrasound was preformed, but nothing was found.  Initially there were fears of my appendix or gallstones, but in the end nothing was concluded and medicine was used to relax my digestive track and the pain subsided.  I went back to my in-law's, and slept and slept.  Apparently there was Benadryl mixed in with my IV.  I hate that stuff.  It makes me so tired, that I can't function.  But so uncomfortable, that sleeping is difficult.

My stomach pains continued on a smaller scale for the next couple of days, and that's when Liam had a high fever.  Thankfully, Tylenol helped keep the fever down, but he was still pretty miserable.  We all had a very sleepless night.

As Liam's fever ended, so did our vacation.  We drove 5 hours to Missoula, MT.  There we spent the night with friends (Alan and Julie), and left late morning for home.  After 9 hours, and several animated movies for Liam, we made it.

We had so much fun with family and friends, but we are also very happy to be home.  It's always hard to be sick away from home.

-Anna

1 comment:

  1. What an eventful trip! I'm glad you are all healthy again. Happy Birthday to Brent! Also, sorry to hear about your blog troubles - what a mess! I know that must be disappointing to lose all that work and especially the pictures. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.