Liam is growing much too fast! I'm reminded of this almost everyday, but yesterday it really hit me.
In the past week, Liam has become really mobile with his crawling. He can bring himself to a sitting position, and he's started pulling himself to standing on the furniture. He's turning into a boy more and more, and less and less a baby. Just typing about it brings tears to my eyes. :'/
Last night, Liam had his first big boy bath. He doesn't need the baby tub insert anymore. I put on my bathing suit, and we sat in the tub together. Liam loved splashing and playing with his ducky, but still wasn't a fan of water poured over his head. He's just like his mom. I don't like water running down my face either. Face in the water is fine, but don't spray or splash it in my face.
Liam even sat in his rocking chair for the first time yesterday. It won't be long and he'll be able to put himself into it without my help.
I miss having an infant, but I also don't. I miss swaddling him, and holding him as he sleeps. I also miss how lite he was to carry around. :) He was so small and helpless. I did everything for him. However, I don't miss having to constantly hold him, all the crying, multiple feedings at night, and always having to rock him to sleep. The first 6 weeks were the hardest thing I've ever endured. No matter how prepared you think you are, you aren't.
In all, I love being a Mommy. I look forward to our walks and play time everyday. I love seeing the joy on his face while he plays with his toys, and the intense interest he has in all the sites we see on our walks. I just wish he'd stop growing... for awhile at least. I'm excited to see him walk, and someday put together sentences, but for now I want to enjoy where he's at for awhile.
Liam will always be my baby.
-Anna
Oh Anna! He's so animated and cute! I totally know the feeling of our baby boys growing fast, but now you'll always have your blog to go back to. Sometimes I go back, even a whole year to look at precious photos of our little Lucas.
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys.
I'm so with you. It goes by in a blink!
ReplyDelete