Brent and I even got a long walk on the beach while my parents watched Liam. It was so nice to hold hands with my hubby while we searched for cool rocks and shells <3
| Brent looks tiny next to the huge ocean. |
Sunday evening we came home in time for Brent to make it to a meeting at church. He came home and went straight to the kitchen without even greeting me. I figured he was just putting dinner together for himself, but when I went in there, I caught him putting together my favorite bouquet of flowers. Red roses and white carnations. I felt bad for ruining the surprise, so quickly headed back to the living room until Brent came in with my flowers.
| I smile every time I see them on the kitchen table :) |
We were fortunate to get an early Valentine night out on the 13th. Last week I watched our friend's little baby for a few hours, so they graciously volunteered to watch Liam for us.
My preparation for our date started around 11am. We weren't heading out until 4:30, but it took hours of hot curlers and the curling iron to get the perfect, bouncy, curly hair.
| (Made the picture Sepia colored after all the pictures took in the bathroom turned out too yellow.) |
Poor Liam suffered a curling iron injury when he burned his finger on it :( I felt horrible since it was my fault for A) leaving the curling iron where he could reach it, B) for not warning him about it being hot, C) for not seeing him go for the iron while I did my makeup. Thankfully, after ice, Tylenol, a band-aid, a couple episodes of Blue's Clues, and Mommy's kisses. Liam was happy again and ready to go to our friend's house.
Before we headed out, I took a quick picture of Brent and I.
| My smile is a bit overly big, but it's just because I was so excited for the opportunity to get dressed up and spend time with the hubs. |
Last night we chose to have a more gourmet meal, so we ate at PF Chang's in Bridgeport. We planned on grabbing some gelato on the way to our movie. Unfortunately, Mio Gelato is closed for remodeling. Instead, we picked up some cookies from Mrs. Field's, and smuggled them into the movie. There were only 3 other people in our theater, so we happily cuddled and snacked as we watched Hugo in 3D.
We had a marvelous time, and were pleased to find Liam was very well behaved even after staying up an hour after his bedtime. I'm glad we have gracious and trusted friends we can leave Liam with while Brent and I get a little time to ourselves.
Tonight we'll spend the night in. Exchange cards, and eat dinner together as our little family <3
Happy Valentines Day! I hope your Valentine spoils you today.
-Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.