Liam's 2nd birthday is coming up on January 30th. I wanted to take him to the Children's Museum on the day of his birthday, but they aren't open on Mondays, and the Lego exhibit that I so wanted to take him to would be gone by then. Therefore, we did an early birthday celebration with his friend Gesse, and my friend Erin.
We started the adventure in the Lego room.
 |
| I love that I persuaded him to give the dragon a high five, and that he did it a second time so I could get it on camera :) |
 |
| I was just impressed that this entire picture is done out of Legos. |
There were several Lego activities, including a table just for Liam and Gesse's age. Liam loves playing with his Duplo Legos at home.
Next it was off to the water room. I had no choice, Liam was instantly drawn there.
 |
| Checking out the rubber duck at the water table. |
 |
| He loved making water splash wherever he went. |
I'm so glad Liam wore his fire fighter boots to the museum. It kept his feet dry, but the smock did nothing for his shirt. Liam dumped a couple bowls of water on his own head. I had to go grab his extra shirt I always keep in the car.
We headed to the dig room next. This is truly the place where a boy can be a boy. Digging in the "dirt" (rubber pieces made to look like dirt) and pushing trucks around.
 |
| Liam's hair is still a bit wet in the picture. |
The last room we visited was one with wooden bus and ambulance for the kids to play in. There was also a train track with trains.
 |
| Driving the ambulance. |
 |
| Gesse's showing off his train. His mom is in the back ground. We both did a fair amount of sitting. Her excuse is being 20 weeks pregnant and a mom, mine is just being the busy mom of a toddler. |
 |
| Liam loves all vehicles, but especially cars and trains. We got him a wooden train set for his birthday, I'm sure he'll love it. He's already found it in our office and tried to get me to open the "choo choo." I had to re-hide it after his discovery. |
After 2.5 hours at the Children's Museum, it was time to go. The museum was closing soon, and we had to rush home, only to rush back out again to church. There were a few other rooms we didn't get to visit, but we'll go back again. It's expensive at $9 per person, but our library allows members to check out a pass for free. The pass allows for 3 free admissions for the day.
-Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.