Friday night I made chicken marsala and instant mashed potatoes while Brent grilled some sweet white corn on the cob. Hand mashed taters are my favorite, but instant does the trick when you're like me and want to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. I'm really not into cooking, I just do it because the family needs to be fed and we certainly can't afford to order in every night.
We ate our dinner on the deck, and enjoyed the cooling evening and conversation. Just before it was time to clean up, a little bird flew into our kitchen window. I inspected the little fellow to see if he would recover. He sat on my finger for about 5 minutes, and thankfully flew off and joined his nearby friends.
Liam LOVES birds. So he really enjoyed seeing one up close. Of course we didn't let Liam touch the bird, and I made sure to wash my hands afterwards.
Saturday night we headed to my grandparents house to celebrate their 61st wedding anniversary. It was fun getting together with family and celebrating a long, happy, and blessed marriage. Last year we weren't sure if my granddad would make it to this date. He was having major heart issues, pneumonia, and bad odds. Thankfully, he pulled through and is feeling better then he has over the past couple years. I cherish all the time we get with him.
| Liam used crayons and stickers to make an anniversary card for his great grandparents. |
| I caught this pic of Liam and Auntie as they posed for Grandma's camera. |
Beautiful pic of your sis with Liam.
ReplyDelete