March 7, 2011

A Vacant Saturday

Our Saturdays fill up fast.  Often we have friends or family to visit, errands to run, or some other appointment to drag us away from home on Saturdays.  Don't get me wrong.  I love getting out of the house, but sometimes a day home with the family is greatly needed.

Friday night Brent asked if we had any plans on Saturday.  When I told him "no," he got excited.  This meant we could get some tasks done around the house, and enjoy a day of just the 3 of us.  I did let him know there was a small shopping errand I needed to do- buy a birthday gift for a party on Sunday -but otherwise the day was free.

On Saturday we lounged around in the morning, daydreamed about one day having enough money to remodel and expand our kitchen, and put Liam down for his morning nap.  I then headed out to the store, and returned with lunch.

That afternoon, Brent fixed the pocket door- honestly I don't know what was wrong with it in the first place, but I happily assisted -and we took Liam to the park.  It was his first outside adventure in the wagon that his Grandma and Grandpa Kessler got him.

Liam's feet can't quite touch the bottom yet, so he's a little slouched in the seat.
During Liam's second nap we tackled the garage.  Months ago, we had sorted the keep, trash, and Goodwill piles, so this time was spent moving, stacking, and rearranging items.  Liam didn't sleep long, but thankfully he was content to sit in his stroller while we set to work.  I wasn't expecting Liam's cooperation, but was grateful for it.

(I always forget to do a before picture.)
Our 2 car garage can now fit a car and a half.  We have a charcoal grill that needs to go back to my parents, an electric lawn mower that we need to get rid of (the blade needs to be tightened, but free if you're interested), and we need to figure out some hanging storage for our bikes.  Once that's done, Brent will install the garage door opener, and we'll be able to get both cars in.  Plus, on rainy days, we can now move the SUV out, and Liam can play.  I see a trike in his future :)

The last task we completed was chopping down a dead branch from our tree, and fitting it all into the yard debris bin.  When that was done, I made dinner, we all ate together, then sat and watched a movie.  Liam happily sat on the couch with us for 80% of the movie.  it was wonderful to snuggle on the couch as a family <3

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.