(Please note there were originally pictures for this post, however they were deleted in error)
Last night was macaroni and cheese night. A friend of mine gave me a delicious and quick stove top recipe. It's so good, I even love eating the leftovers. Not like the cheap Kraft stuff that tastes alright when it's freshly made, but the taste factor quickly deteriorates.
My large pot was in use from taco soup I made the night before- which reminds me I should put that recipe up some time- so I had to use my $5 IKEA wok.
The original recipe is at the bottom of this post. I only made very slight changes. I've found Liam doesn't seem to digest the sharp cheddar very well, so I cooked up the macaroni and added the egg mixture. I then took a small portion aside and sprinkled it with Parmesan. I have my mom to thank for this idea.
It tasted so good that I even added some to the macaroni for Brent and I, along with the shredded sharp cheddar.
The recipe calls for 10 ounces of shredded sharp cheddar, but really only 8 ounces is needed. I basically add cheese to taste.
Liam loved his macaroni and cheese, and it was very easy for him to pick up and eat. This is nice, because as all you moms out there know, it's hard to eat yourself while also feeding your baby. I greatly appreciate all finger food options in which Liam can feed himself.
This is a bit TMI, but Liam digested his modified macaroni very well. A happy baby tummy makes for a happy mommy. :)
******
Stove Top Mac & Cheese
1/2 lb elbow macaroni
4 T butter (I only use 1 Tbs. It's plenty.)
2 eggs
6 oz evaporated milk
1/2 tsp hot sauce (Any will work. I use Chipotle Tabasco.)
1 tsp kosher salt
fresh black pepper
3/4 tsp dry mustard
10 oz shredded sharp cheddar (10 oz was too strong for us. Just add to taste.)
Cook pasta to al dente and drain. Return to pot and melt in butter, toss to coat. Whisk together eggs, milk, hot sauce, salt, pepper and mustard. Stir into the pasta on low. Add the cheese. Continue to stir for 3 minutes or until creamy.
-Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.