February 21, 2011

The Portrait Studio

We have had no professional pictures taken of Liam, so we decided we'd mark Liam's 1st anniversary of birth with some shots at a portrait studio.  Personally, I'm not a huge fan of portrait studios.  The pictures feel... unnatural.  Also, the backgrounds seem to always be the same.  Either black... or white.  However, I felt it important to get some pictures of Liam.

We hadn't planned on spending much.  Just $9.95 for a single pose set of pictures.  However, $69.99 later, we ended up with three poses, a CD, and a 10x13 photo.  I honestly felt like I had to spend that much after all the work Liam put the two photographers through.  It took an hour and a half to get a handful of good poses.

Liam has started the tantrum phase. *eye roll*  If he doesn't get what he wants, or has to do something he doesn't like, he yells, cries, and throws himself backwards while in our arms.  I'm not a fan, and I'm sure many other parents of toddlers can relate.

There are days where Liam is one of the most laid back kids I know.  Easily entertaining himself, and perfectly happy running errands with me.  However, the portrait studio was one of the bad days.  I know now that we should have gone earlier in the day, and a date when Liam wasn't cutting two teeth, and still recovering from a bad case of diaper rash, would have been a better option.  Oh well... lesson learned.

Below are the adorable pictures we got from the session.  They turned out alright, but I much prefer the pictures my friend took this fall.  Shandell is very talented as you can tell from the top photo on this blog, and her every day photos on her own blog, Breaking New Ground.  I think next time we'll just pay her instead.






Hard to believe there were tantrums in between.

-Anna

2 comments:

  1. Tantrums or not, he is sooooooo cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anna, you're so sweet! I think these pictures are cute, but I'm the same way- I much prefer non-studio photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.