May 17, 2013

Waiting...




Our son's due date is just 4 days away, and we're anxiously awaiting his arrival.  Last night I had contractions for a couple hours.  Brent and I showered and were preparing ourselves for the big trip to the hospital, but the contractions stopped.  Instead of being an eventful day, we're going about our normal Friday routines.  Just with less sleep then usual.  Poor Brent didn't fall asleep until around 1am, and then had to be up at 4am to get ready for work.  I'm prescribing a long nap for him this afternoon.

This past weekend, my parents had Liam for a couple nights while Brent and I squeezed in a last date weekend before our second son makes his appearance.  We celebrated our 7 year anniversary a couple days early, and had dinner at our favorite fondue restaurant.  The next day we saw Iron Man 3, and then my mom and Liam came over on Sunday to celebrate Mother's Day.

Monday was the actual date of our anniversary, and we spent it with our little family.  Nothing fancy, just an afternoon at the zoo.  Liam loved touring the animals, and I was hoping to make some progress toward labor.  No luck, but Liam and I keep walking every morning in hopes that we can meet "little brother" soon.

Our first dance.  Singing "You and I," by Michael Buble.
I'm hoping my next blog post will hold pictures of our new baby!

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.