We've been so busy with projects at the house, that we decided to take a much needed mini vacation. A week ago Brent, Liam, and I piled into the car and headed to my grandparent's beach house in Lincoln City. It was just the three of us the first couple days, then my parent's joined us.
 |
| Our first morning at the beach. Liam woke me up early, but we got to enjoy the ocean view while we ate breakfast. (The window is at my back while I took the pic) |
The weather was in the 70s and sunny almost the whole time we were there. We had only one cool, foggy day.
 |
| Daddy helped Liam fly his very first kite. |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| I bought Liam's kite at a gas station in Missoula, MT. It was a strange place to buy a kite, but 50% off was worth buying and saving for a trip to the beach. |
 |
| Daddy and Liam trying out another kite. This one we found in the beach house garage. |
 |
| Liam liked this plane one best. I don't blame him. The tail was pretty cool. |
 |
| Playing in the sand with Yaya. |
 |
| We'd been watching these kite boarders from the house all day. It was nice to get a closer view of them. |
 |
| Papa, Daddy, and Liam enjoying the beach. |
On Thursday we drove to Newport. Initially I wanted to take Liam to the Oregon Coast Aquarium, but at $20.00 per adult, it was too expensive. Instead, we visited the Hatfield Marine Science Center. The suggested donation price of $5.00 a person was a much better deal.
 |
| Liam loved this tank. It had fish in it that looked like Nemo, and even one that looked like Dory from "Finding Nemo." |
 |
| Liam was nervous about touching the creatures in the tide pools, but he enjoyed looking at them. |
 |
| One of Liam's favorite parts was the tsunami machine. Daddy built a little town out of Legos, then Liam would push the wave button and watch the water come in. |
 |
| It's often hard to get a picture of all three of us. This was the best of the lot as we posed in front of Liam's favorite aquarium. |
After the science center, we spotted the Rogue brewery, and decided to eat lunch there. After some good food and good craft beers, we walked along the pier. Some fishing boats had just come in, so we got to watch them fillet and prepare the fish. As we walked further on, we heard barking sea lions and went to take a look. Some were just below the dock, and others we saw sun bathing on a small rock island. Liam liked imitating their barks.
 |
| I was nervous that Liam would fall over the low side of the dock, so I held on to him good and tight. |
Brent and my dad had to leave the coast early due to work, but Liam and I enjoyed a couple more days in Lincoln City. I came home on Saturday feeling refreshed, and was so happy to come back home to Brent. I love that guy <3
I haven't read blogs in forever but I just happened upon this post and oh my WORD Liam is getting so big! What a cutie :)
ReplyDeleteAnna... love the pics! It's refreshing to be able to retreat for a few days, and I'm so glad you guys could recharge a little bit. I love the pic of you and Liam playing at the aquarium... you're looking so good! Love the long hair.
ReplyDeleteI'll see you soon, my friend. Loves!