September 4, 2012

Cooking Again

I'm feeling so blessed by not only the way the kitchen has turned out, but also by my talented, hard working, and dedicated husband.  Brent may not know how to do all of the projects, but he learns quickly, and dove right in.  This kitchen couldn't be possible without him.

This past week our counter tops were finally installed!  Initially, the contractors wouldn't install a large section of counter because they said the cabinets were not level.  Our general contractor spent a couple unpaid hours trying to figure out the problem, and only found over and over again the cabinets were perfectly level.  Finally, all the contractors got together, and it turned out an electrical wire was the culprit.  It simply needed to be pushed into it's slot.

Brent worked hard on the kitchen as usual.  He installed the faucet, hooked up the plumbing, installed the garbage disposal, successfully hooked up the refrigerator water supply (we ended up making more work for ourselves then was needed on that project), installed the dishwasher, and so much more.  There really is too much to list.
So happy to be cooking again, especially in this beautiful kitchen :)

We purchased adjustable shelves, and my dad installed them for us.
So happy to go from a 1 ft square pantry, to this walk-in wonder :)
The transition between the lamanent floor and carpet wasn't easy.  It took a lot of problem solving, but we finally got it in.

Our dining room table is no longer covered with our pantry items, and is back in it's spot.
The bar stools will be replaced soon.  I'm just waiting for the new ones to arrive in the mail.

The new sink is HUGE!  I could give Liam a bath in it if I wanted.

Previously, there was no light in the dining room.  We had to plug a lamp into the wall in order to get light.  That all changed yesterday.  Brent went into the attic and wired the dining room for a light.  (I bought the light used at Habitat for Humanity's ReStore)

I was very excited to finally display Liam's artwork in the frames I bought from The Lakeside Collection. (The middle one is a sheep, in case you're wondering)
This is a link to where I purchased Liam's frames.
Next on the project list is installing the pantry door, completing the floor transitions, cutting and attaching all the molding, moving a light switch, and a few other small projects.  Oh... and we also need to paint the whole living room ceiling at some point.

-Anna 

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.