June 18, 2012

We Make it Work

Father's Day didn't quite go as planned this year, but I still got to spend some time with my dad.

We had planned on doing a Father's Day BBQ at my parent's house.  Unfortunately, Dad got a short notice call shift.  This meant he had to stay at the firehouse for a third day in a row, and miss the BBQ :(  [Normally Dad works 24 hours on, 48 off]

Brent graciously stepped in to do the steak grilling, and we had a late family lunch with my mom, sister, Gran, Granddad, and my aunt and uncle.  After my grandparents and aunt and uncle left, the rest of us crashed.  Liam slept well over 2 hours, and the rest of us snoozed for a bit.

We didn't want to miss out on seeing Dad on Father's Day, so that evening, we headed to the fire station.  Dad was happy we came out to see him, and Liam was of course over the top happy to see "Papa" and his "wheeo-wheeos."
This picture is a couple months old, but I forgot to get a picture of my sister and I with Dad.  Oops... You think it being Father's Day we'd remember.

This one is from yesterday's trip.  Dad's filling the truck back up with water after showing Liam how the truck's water guns work.

Notice Liam has his toy fire truck again.  After a couple months of being MIA, I found it under our bed a couple days ago :)

I couldn't ask for a better Dad, or father for my son.  Liam and I are pretty blessed :)

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.