So... I'm going to toot my own horn in this blog post, so if you don't want to hear me brag, then this isn't the post for you ;)
I'm 1.5 lbs away from my goal weight!
In February, I started using the myfitnesspal app. It's a free app and website that allows you to track how many calories consumed and how many you exert when exercising. The app also gathers information about yourself in order to quantify the ideal daily calorie intake for your weight loss goal.
My goal has been to reach 140 lbs. I've been hovering between 150 and 154 lbs for about 3 years now (Excluding the period I was pregnant. I obviously weighed more then 154 lbs during that time frame.) Why 140? I simply chose that goal because it would bring me to the ideal BMI (Body Mass Index) of 22. By no means do I think I'll ever weigh my pre-college weight again.
About a month ago I was 5 pounds away from my goal. However, I was getting really tired of keeping track of all my calories and stopped using the myfitnesspal app all together. I now had a good idea of how many calories foods have, and how much exercise I need. Even though I've been mindful, I've been afraid to step on the scale for over a month. I was sure I had gained all the weight back, even though my pants seem to get looser, and looser. I just rationalized that they were getting stretched out, and it wasn't really my waist that was shrinking.
Then a couple things occurred. I pulled out my shorts, and found shorts that used to fit just right were now too big, and a pair that has been too tight for a couple years is now a little loose. To test my shrinking waist theory, I did some shopping at Old Navy this weekend. I ended up buying a pair of SIZE 6 shorts! I haven't been a 6 since we were married 6 years ago.
This morning I finally had enough courage to brave the scale, and was pleasantly surprised. Not only had I gone down 2 pant sizes, I am also a mere 1.5 lbs away from my goal weight. I'm now very motivated to lose the last little bit, and then maintain that healthy weight.
I am also so proud of my mom and sister who have been working hard to reach a healthy weight. Last I checked, Mom had reached her first goal and Rebecca has surpassed hers.
I'm very thankful for the change in eating and exercise habits we've developed.
-Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.