We had little planned for Saturday, so Brent stayed home with Liam while I headed to Ikea. Thankfully, my sister was able to meet me there. We wandered the store, and I day dreamed about our future kitchen. If money wasn't an option I would have ordered and had the whole kitchen delivered that day. Instead I bought the planned on table, and a couple other small items.
Brent loves putting things together, so the Ikea style works well for us. We buy it, then Brent sets to work building it. Thankfully, the toddler table was simple construction, and didn't take hours like our entertainment center did.
Liam loves his table. He can now eat snacks at his own table, has a play surface to drive his cars on (it's difficult on the carpet), and can sit and look out the window. I'm so glad it brings him joy and ease of eating and playing. I especially love that the table and 2 chairs only set us back $19.99.
In the afternoon we went to meet our new cousin. My cousin David, and his wife Kerry welcomed baby Ian into the world on July 30th.
Liam wasn't too interested in his new baby cousin, but really loved the play room David and Kerry have set up. They're starting an in home daycare soon, so their family room is decked out for little kids. There were balls, books, and blocks. Which meant plenty of entertainment for Liam while the adults talked and fawned over the new baby.
| Liam sat still long enough to take a quick picture with mommy. It seems he's always on the move these days. |
Sunday we went to church, watched movies, and spent some time cleaning up our office/guest room. My mother in law is coming to visit on Friday, so we had to make room for the air mattress. Our office is our catch all room, so it seems to never stay clean very long. Eventually it will be Liam's room when it comes time for more kids, but for now it's storage space.
-Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.