This past Saturday we made quite the round trip. First we headed to Florence, OR for a friend's wedding. It took 3 hours to get there. Unfortunately, Liam slept maybe 30 minutes of that trip. Once there, we rushed into the church, took seats in the back, and tried to keep Liam quiet and occupied with some snacks. He did pretty good for awhile, but before long Brent had to stand out in the hall with him. Thankfully, the service was relatively short, and soon it was time for cake and visiting with friends. Since the reception hall was very crowded, we stood outside to give Liam room to run around and play. He kept both Brent and I very busy as we chased him around and tried to keep him out of trouble. We were so busy with him, that I didn't even try to take pictures at the event. I needed both eyes and hands free for my energetic toddler.
After about 45 minutes the reception came to an end, and we said farewell to the now Megan Buss. Then it was off to Mo's with some friends. Most headed back home after this, but Kristyn and Kyle were able to hang out with us some more.
We drove around for a bit until we got to the beach, and ventured out for a little while. None of us were in the proper attire since we were dressed for a wedding, but we endured the sand and wind for as long as we could.
Liam walked and sat in the sand, but didn't like touching it with his hands. I've discovered Liam is very sensitive to touch. He doesn't particularly like touching grass and sand. He can't stand the stringy koosh ball we have, and hates feathers. Liam won't even come close to either object.
Kyle was kind enough to snap a quick photo of us. Getting pictures of all three of us is pretty rare. Usually it's Brent or I snapping the photos.
| This is a picture of Kyle's shadow in case you're wondering. It was a mistake, but it makes me smile :) |
As we snacked on our goodies, we sat and took in the live music. Liam was enthralled by the music and did a lot of dancing in his stroller.
It was about 9:30pm when we finally left Eugene, and it was another 2 hours until we made it home. Thankfully, Liam finally slept, and made a smooth transition into bed.
We had a great day, and enjoyed all the friends and festivities. However, I wish I would have taken more pictures. I've noticed the amount of pictures I take recently has waned. Like I said before, I often need both eyes and hands for Liam, which poses a problem. The other problem is being forgetful. I'm disappointed I didn't get a picture of Mr. and Mrs. Buss, and that I didn't snap a pic of Kristyn and Kyle. They're such a cute couple and great friends of ours. I can't wait until we see them again.
-Anna
Aww, yay! We sure love those Bergums!
ReplyDelete