When Liam started eating rice cereal at 5 months, we knew we needed a high chair, but also couldn't afford much. We decided a high chair that can be strapped into an existing chair would do the trick, and were pleased at the $30 price tag instead of the $170 of many chairs.
| Awww... He's so tiny. This was his first rice cereal meal. |
| We eventually took the fabric cover off because it kept getting so messy. (This is Liam on his first birthday.) |
I'm so happy for the find. Liam still needs the high chair, and we hope to have more kiddos in the future, so I'm sure it will get plenty of use.
We'll still keep the strap in chair around. It's good for travel, and helpful when little guests come to visit. However, in a pinch, there is always the apron method.
We did this at my parent's house earlier this week. They have nice wooden high chair, but I didn't want to pull it out of the back room while Liam snacked. Instead I reached in a nearby drawer and pulled out the first apron I could find. It just so happened to be a child's sized one, and made Liam look like he's wearing a dress :D
After Liam's nap, we'll try out his new high chair. Yay!
-Anna


Great idea Anna... regarding the apron. I can't believe it never occurred to me! You've just made my life so much easier.
ReplyDelete