Yesterday was our 5 year anniversary. I can hardly believe we've been married 5 years, and together 7.5. Time has flown by so quickly. In a 5 year span we've moved 5 times, had three vehicles, bought a house, and 15 months ago, had our adorable son.
Brent had to work on our anniversary, so Liam and I spent the day at the zoo with a couple of his cousins- our family is close to Brent's cousins and their kids. The weather was pleasantly warm, and we saw plenty of animals. Liam's favorite seemed to be the black bear. It kept walking by the glass and Liam squealed every time he saw it :) Unfortunately, I didn't really get any pictures. The zoo was awfully crowded, which made it difficult to stop for pictures.. Maybe we'll get some in the future. Our zoo pass is good for 14 months of zoo adventures.
After the 3.5 hours at the zoo, we headed to Grandma and Papa's house. My parent's eagerly and graciously offered to watch Liam while Brent and I headed to McMenamins Edgefield for dinner. The grounds there are beautiful. After eating at one of the bars, we then walked around the grounds and explored. We saw gardens, an amphitheater, putting greens, a wine bar, pool hall, cigar bar, and tea bar. Also many goofy dressed people. Apparently, Edgefield is a great place for bachelor and bachelorette parties.
We had so much fun, we decided we have to go again. I think next time we'll stay at the Edgefield hotel, try out the Black Rabbit restaurant, and take advantage of the Ruby spa. A mini vacation close to home would be fun.
I love dating my husband. I never grow tired of the adventures, fun, and humor we share.
![]() |
| (Liam gave me a lovely chin scratch before we headed out on our date. I made sure to trim Liam's nails today.) |
-Anna

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.