April 13, 2011

Grateful

Today was busy.  First I took Liam out on the weekly grocery shopping trip.  After Liam's nap we headed to DEQ- our tags expire at the end of the month-, then to Target afterwards to stock up on the essentials, and finally went to a friends house for a play date with a few moms and their kiddos.

Come 5:30 pm, we were finally on our way back home.  The sun was shining for a brief period, and I got to thinking how grateful I am.  I actually spoke out loud, and listed off all the things I'm blessed with.  Only God and Liam could hear me, but it still felt good to speak the words of gratitude.

It went something like this...
"I'm so happy with where I'm at right now.  I have Brent.  I have Liam.  We have our health.  I have my family, and my friends.  And we have our home.  I'm happy."

Sure... there are things I still want, and things I want to do, but I can also be happy with the present.  The funny thing about depending on 'wants' to make you happy, is that after you get what you want, the happiness is very brief.  Before long, you're looking to the next thing to make you happy.

I'm not always good at finding joy in the here and now, but I try to remind myself I should be joyful.  Just knowing the sacrifice Jesus made for me should be joy enough.  He took my sins, and paved the way for eternity with His father.  What an awesome God we serve?  He reached out to us.  Requiring we just believe.  I wish I had that kind of unconditional love.

For now, I'm basking in the grace and blessings God has bestowed upon me.  There will be future days where all I see is gray, but I hope the joyful days outnumber them.

-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.