Our old roomate/Brent's cousin, Ryan, moved to Laos about 9 months ago. We were sad to see him go, but happy that he was answering God's call. When Ryan left, his plan was to visit the states again in TWO years. Thankfully, the whole family has been able to keep up with him via Facebook, but the younger kids really miss their big cousin and often ask when Ryan will be back.
A couple weeks ago, Brent informed me that Ryan would be making a surprise visit. First surprising his mom and brother in Montana, then driving to Oregon to surprise the rest of the family for Easter. It was hard keeping the secret, but well worth all the surprises. The best was the expressions by the kiddos. Their eyes got huge, and it took them a moment to find words. All 21 of us were happy to have Ryan and his girlfriend join us for Easter.
| Sadly, I didn't get a picture yesterday, but this is a picture from last summer. Ryan is on the far right. (My brother in-law, Kyle, Mom in-law, Diane, and Brent are also in the pic.) |
Ryan will be here for another week before heading back to Laos with his "squirrel," Leslie. ("Squirrel" is what Ryan calls everyone's girlfriend or wife.) Hopefully I can get an updated picture before he leaves.
It was fun dressing Liam up for Easter. Last Easter he had a sweater, but this year he wore his first tie.
| 2 months old |
|
We had a wonderful Easter. It was full of family, food, wine, and lots of laughter. A great way to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord, and the sacrifice He made for us.
I hope you all had a great Easter too.
-Anna
I just did some Facebook snooping, and I went to high school with Ryan's girlfriend, Leslie!!! She graduated the year after me, I believe. Soooooo bizarre.
ReplyDelete