Here's a picture of my parent's tree this year. My mom couldn't even fit the whole tree in the picture :)
But this blog isn't about my childhood trees, it's about Liam's first.
I like Noble Fir trees, and Brent and I generally do a U-cut, but this year we simplified. We went to FredMeyer and picked out an inexpensive 6ft Douglas Fir. Poor Liam was too sick to do a big excursion, and Brent and I were already worn down from dealing with a sick child and recent sleepless nights.
I had hoped we'd decorate the tree the same night we purchased it, but we both felt rest was more important.
Come the next night I lit candles, turned on some jazzy Christmas music, Brent made some hot chocolate, and we were ready to bring on the Christmas cheer and decorate.
Liam wasn't much help, but he seemed to have fun. He liked pulling on the Christmas lights and playing with the ornaments :)
I got some cute pictures and a video of my boys.
I even took a picture of the stockings I made. Brent's mom made stockings for him and his brother when they were younger, and my mom made them for us, so I thought I should carry on the tradition.
Finally the tree was complete.
| Liam's first Christmas tree, complete with a couple of his first ornaments. |
I'm so excited for Liam's first Christmas, and eager to start traditions that he will remember fondly.
-Anna

the stockings are adorable, nice work!
ReplyDeletei was just going to say how much i love your handmade stockings! ~malika
ReplyDelete