Liam started something new today. He stood, without support... TWICE. It was only for a second each time, but he's definitely progressing. I love watching him learn new things. He's such a joy :)
Today Liam finished the last of his Mommy and Me swim classes. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures since I can't take them while holding onto Liam, and in the pool with him, but we did have a lot of fun.
When we started the class, I didn't know what to expect. I was afraid they'd throw him into the water or something traumatic, but it turned out to be very tame. The Mommys and Daddys stand in the shallow end of the pool, hold their babies, and we sing songs in a circle. Everything from the "Itsy Bitsy Spider," to "The Grand Old Duke of York." During the songs there are different movements. Such as splashing, kicking, floating, and lifting our babies up out of the pool. Usually the last action is accompanied by the parents singing "Weee." It's very cute, and Liam seems to enjoy the games. He especially likes gnawing on the ball when the instructor hands those out. Technically... the babies are supposed to throw the ball, and then the parents assist their kid with reaching and pulling to it, but Liam isn't quite ready for that yet. He's not coordinated enough, and he tends to keep his arms close to his body since the pool is a bit cold. The poor little guy was shivering today. I had to take him out for a little while and warm him in the shower.
The sad part of the whole experience is that Brent didn't get to share in it. Therefore, I've signed Liam up again. This time in the evening, and at a different pool. (I hear the new pool is warmer.) This new class doesn't begin until the end of the month, so I'll have to think of some indoor activities for Liam and I to do. It's hard to think up games and activities for Liam and I to enjoy together. He's still pretty young, and has a very short attention span. I look forward to the future when we can sit down as a family and play a board game. For now, I cherish rolling around and laughing on the floor with Liam. He's very ticklish, and I can always depend on that to make him laugh.
-Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.