February 4, 2013

Birthday Wrap Up

One of Liam's favorite gifts from his birthday was a Doggie Doo game he got from his cousin Aiden.  Aiden had gotten the same game for Christmas, and Liam was completely enthralled with it after video chatting with his cousin on Christmas day.  There was no doubt that Doggie Doo would be a great gift for Liam.  Sure, Liam's not so much interested in the game as he is in watching the dog poop yellow stuff, but it's still a fun toy to him.
(Side note: Liam chose his "I Love My Ducks" shirt to wear for his birthday, because he wanted to look like Daddy <3)


By the end of Liam's birthday, he was pretty worn out.  We went to Max's Fanno Creek Brew Pub for dinner, and it took awhile for Liam to get into the spirit of celebrating his birthday with family.  After some prodding from Cousin Lucas, Liam ran around and played in the kids area.

After dinner we brought out Liam's cake, and sang Happy Birthday to our big boy!

Liam enthusiastically blew out his candles and I served him up a piece of cake.  Unfortunately, the poor kid's tummy hurt and Liam wasn't feeling well enough to have a slice.  He just wanted to snuggle on my lap.
It's getting harder and harder to fit Liam on my lap as he gets bigger and so does his baby brother.
In the end, Liam had a fun filled birthday, and loves his presents.  Everything from his Mickey Mouse birthday balloon from Yaya that he is still playing with, to Doggie Doo, and the Lightning McQueen backpack Liam got from Aunt Julie and Uncle Jerry.  He likes to wear the back pack everywhere, and can't wait for preschool in the Fall.
Liam snapped this picture of me while I baked his birthday cake.  Pretty good picture taking skills for a 3 year old ;)
Birthday week is over, and Liam and I are settling into a new routine as I balance time with him, running my business with Premier Designs, running errands, and trying to stay up on house work.  Thankfully, Brent has been a big help.  He's often cooking dinner, emptying the dish washer, running small errands during his lunch break, and parenting Liam on his own while I work.  I'm so blessed by all my boys, and I can't wait to meet the latest little guy in May.
Morning snuggles and cartoons with Liam <3

-Anna

2 comments:

  1. That TOY! How is that even real? It makes me think of Dwight "saving treats" from the kitty litter box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww! You're right Kristyn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.