It's been a week of ups and downs, but the best part of the week was our trip to Bandon, OR. Brent and I took our first weekend alone since having Liam. We lounged around our hotel room, walked around the town and lighthouse, ate some delicious food, and visited the West Coast Game Park. The game park was a bit expensive at $17.50 per person, but the experience was worth it.
(I apologize for the poor picture quality. I forgot our camera, so we were stuck with our low quality flip phone cameras.)
 |
| We both pet a lion cub. |
 |
| The black leopard cub was eager to eat. |
 |
| The leopard even showed off a bit by climbing walls and chasing a toy much like our cat Stella does. |
 |
| I was surprised how coarse the fur was. I thought it would be softer. More like a house cat. |
 |
| I had heard about Capybara's, but had never seen them in person before. It's hard to tell from this picture, but they are the size of a medium dog, and are rodents. |
 |
| Up next was the black bear cub. He climb up to meet us :) |
 |
| We both got some good pets in, while the bear tugged on our clothing and tried to get us to play. |
 |
The skunk was my favorite! It's stink glands have been removed, so there was no fear of being sprayed. I was surprised how soft and gentle the skunk was. Apparently they can be kept as pets. They'll use a litter box like a cat, and can even be taught to play fetch like a dog. I think we may need to get a skunk in the future :) |
 |
| This animal was interesting, and I had never heard of it before. It's called a coatimundi, and it's related to the raccoon. You can't see it in the picture, but it has a long and skinny ringed tail. |
 |
| The baby fox was also quite adorable. |
 |
| We ended our trip with a tour of the Bandon lighthouse, and took a quick photo of the two of us. |
We had so much fun on our trip, that we're eager to go again and bring Liam with us. I'm sure he'd love the game park.
-Anna
(Thanks to Willy Hughes for suggesting the West Coast Game Park.)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.