October 19, 2011

Energy

These days, Liam's energy is at an all time high, while the amount of sleep he's getting is decreasing.  He'll be 2 in under 4 months, so it's normal for him to be sleeping less, but I'm no prepared.

For over a year, Liam has been sleeping 12 hours a night, and taking 2 naps a day.  Mostly 2 hours each.  It was heaven :)  However, during the past couple weeks Liam's gone down to 10-11 hours a night (going to bed at 8pm and waking between 6 and 7am), and often napping only once a day for a couple hours.  This means my mornings are earlier, and my reliable time to get things done during naps has decreased.  Time to adapt.

Another frustration is the quality of sleep through the night.  Liam's 2 year old molars are coming in and causing a lot of discomfort.  He wakes up crying a couple times a night.  So far the only solution has been baby acetaminophen, and lots of rocking and comforting.

I'm exhausted (doesn't help that I have a cold), while Liam has higher energy than ever.  He's eager to play, run, dance, learn, and throw a tantrum or four ;)  The tantrums are frustrating.  I often have to remind myself that he's only 1, and he can't communicate what he wants, or understand why he can't do or have something.  Thankfully, each tantrum is fairly short lived.  I mostly redirect, or ignore and walk away.

Liam's a very good kid, his only fault is that he's all boy :)  Filled with energy and curiosity.  Occasionally, he requires a timeout when he knows he's misbehaving, but most of our days are filled with laughter, hugs, kisses, and play.

On few occasions, Liam will stop chasing the cat, and take in his surroundings.  I love these still moments <3



-Anna

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. We enjoy receiving input on our blog.